Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Daily Log: Monday, August 24th, 2015

I love the first day of the gym!

After a whole summer of getting fat it is time to go back and see all your old pals again. The bench press. The barbells. Even that annoying kid, the pullup bar is a sight for sore eyes (and sore arms).

On the eve of the first day of gym I did all the right things. I got everything prepared before bed. I turned off my laptop an hour before sleep. I read a book. I didn't even watch the Walking Dead spinoff premier.  I took a Tylenol PM for a slight assistance and got to bed by my brand new bedtime, 10pm.

In the morning when my alarm went off at 5:40am (yes it does exist) I wasn't even phased. I leapt out of bed and was excited about the first day of the rest of my life. Days won't always be like this and many may be the complete opposite, but the first day is always amazing. It was time to dive DEEP!

I ate my awesome breakfast (more on that later), worked through my awesome workout (warm up week), and by 8:30am I was at work freshly showered and sipping on my post-workout protein shake. Everything went as planned, and it typically does if you commit to bedtime and wakeup time, and I ended up having a great first day. My body was very grateful to be out of the house and not laying in bed like it had been for 3 weeks.

The toughest part of the first day was going from eating like 4,000 calories a day to 2,000. I was constantly hungry the entire day. I need to work on better foods to keep me full, and better ways to consistently eat throughout the day instead of just waiting for the big meals. Hungry Chris = cranky Chris and while it wasn't apparent on the first day, I knew it would be after a few.

Morning Weight: 173lbs
Evening Weight: 173lbs

Monday Schedule:

5:45am - 6:00am: Wake Up
6:00am - 6:15am: Breakfast
6:30am - 8:00am: Work Out
-----------
9:00pm - 10:00pm: Reading
10pm - BED

Monday Meals

Breakfast (Egg, Bacon, OJ, 1/2 Bagel) - 550 Calories

Post Workout (Protein Shake, Beef Jerky) - 270 Calories

Lunch (Tuna Sandwich, Nutri-Grain Bar) - 315 Calories

Dinner (Chicken & Steak, Veggies, Noodles) - 670 Calories

TOTAL CALORIES: 1,805

No comments:

Post a Comment