Thursday, August 27, 2015

Physical Therapy, It Didn't Move



After the another successful warm-up week workout it was time for some fun. It was the first day of my official physical therapy and I was pumped/nervous! I didn't really know what to expect but I was ready to work hard.

I walked up to the counter at the physical therapy building and told the lady at the front desk my name. She couldn't find it.

After showing her some paperwork she pointed out to me my flaw. I had an appointment at the RESTON building 15 minutes away and I was right then at the HERNDON building. (If you don't live in the area these 2 cities are basically the same place). A great start to my rehab!

Eventually I made it to the right place and they didn't seem to mind that I was a few minutes late.

After filling out some paperwork A large young man with huge cannon arms and a schmedium shirt called my name. This was my physical therapist. It was like the Seinfeld episode with George and the male masseuse. However, in this case, it most definitely did NOT move.

Physical therapy was not what I expected it to be. After some initial tests to find out where I was with my knee (not as strong as I hoped), they gave me 6 exercises to do and then left me on my own. I was expecting them to yell in my face, or at least make sure I was pushing myself, and they just walked away.


They pretty much got what I look like right, but my man boobs are bigger

When the exercises were done they threw some ice on my knee for 15 minutes and it was over.  20 minutes of paperwork, 20 minutes of tests, 20 minutes of self exercise and then 20 minutes of ice. There is an hour in there that I could have done on my own time.

The exercises they gave me were very simple, and they only wanted 2 sets of 10 (6 exercises) once a day. I was a little disappointed that I didn't have more to work on, but I guess the idea is to ease your way back into things.

I'm ready to do this every day and I can't wait to get back next week and see what my next challenge is and keep digging DEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment