Sunday, August 23, 2015

In The DEEP End



When I decided to get my life back on track I knew I didn't want to go half speed. I didn't want to just stick my toe in the water and then slowly climb down the ladder into the pool. I wanted to go over by the diving board and jump in the deep end.

I picked out 4 areas of my life that needed work and I made a promise to myself to work on them. I thought about that pool analogy and came up with an acronym to help focus on this plan, DEEP. DEEP is the way I want to change my life. I want to get in that DEEP end, I want to dig DEEP and I want to lose myself in DEEP thought. And if I don't...I'll be in DEEP s**t!

So what does DEEP stand for? Diet, Exercise, Expand and Plan. Four verbs that will help me get back on track. By focusing on my nutrition, my fitness, my mind power and my organizational skills, I will be able to feel good mentally and physically, which is the idea behind this whole venture.

I'll get into more of each of these aspects later in the blog, but here's an outline about a few of the things that make up each aspect of DEEP:

  • Diet
    • Eat things that are good for you
    • Avoid things that are bad for you
    • Stay within the weekly calorie plan
    • Don't be a pig
  • Exercise
    • Stretch
    • Get Abs
    • Lift Weights
    • Get in Shape (cardio)
    • Rehab like a crazy person (torn ACL)
    • Don't skip days, don't slack off
  • Expand
    • Read
    • Learn
    • Create
    • Grow
  • Plan
    • Develop good habits
    • Remove bad habits
    • Keep a calendar
    • Keep things clean & organized
    • Develop systems & checklists

These 4 keys are going to help me change for the better. I can't wait to get my swim trunks on and dive head first into the DEEP.

No comments:

Post a Comment