Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Weigh-In



As you know, I made a huge mistake and signed up for a weight-loss challenge that I cannot win. For some reason, there is still something inside of me that incorrectly believes I actually CAN win. So as the time approached for my initial weigh-in I decided I needed to be as fat I possibly could be. The only problem was, the weigh-in was that same night.

And so began my quest to become super fat in just 8 hours...and you may be shocked by the result.


11:00 AM - 174.1 Pounds

I first weighed myself around 11am. At that point I hadn't eaten anything that morning, and it was basically my getting out of bed weight. It was at this time that I realized that 174 was not heavy enough, and went to Facebook for advice on how to pack on 3 additional pounds by the end of the day.

12:30 PM - Lunch #1 - TGI Fridays - 1540 Calories

My gut (get it) told me that in order to gain some weight I'm going to have to eat a lot of food. So I headed to the local TGI Fridays for an afternoon meal. I drank water (which I later found out was good) and proceeded to order a big steak with a side of a half rack of ribs. I washed it all down with buttered mashed potatoes and broccoli. It was delicious.





While I was paying my bill and figuring out where to eat desert I looked out the window and a light bulb went off in my head. Right across the street was a Silver Diner, which meant I wouldn't have to drive anywhere and I could get my desert, a big milkshake.


1:00 PM - Lunch #2 - Silver Diner - 2000 Calories

I sat down at the counter of the Silver Diner and for some reason, despite just eating, I felt hungry. So instead of ordering a milkshake, I ordered a 2nd lunch, fish & chips. Don't let that sentence fool you. I did get a milkshake. I just also got a 2nd meal.




By the time this meal was over, you could say I was pretty full. I struggled to finish the final sips of my shake, but by god I did it!

2:00 PM - 177.5 Pounds

Weighed myself after getting home from lunch(es)...At this point I was informed that the key was to just drink water. All the water you can drink. So I added a bunch of water as well to the massive amount of calories.


4:30 PM - Lunch #3 - CiCi's Pizza - 2100 Calories

My final stop before weigh in was Cici's all you can eat pizza buffet. Let me just mention here that you should NEVER visit a buffet when it is not officially lunch or dinner time. That pizza was sitting there for HOURS untouched. I was the only person in the restaurant.

However, I had a mission to accomplish. So I downed an entire pizza's worth of slices, packed in a few brownies, and even had a salad aka ranch dressing. Washed it all down with a few glasses of water as well.

Note: At this point I was too fat to take a photo of my plate...seriously. I could barely walk into my car. However, I managed to down 2 12oz bottles of water on the way to the gym.


5:30 PM - 181.5 Pounds (6,000 cals & 7.5 lbs in 8 hours)

Thats right. You read that correctly. At the official weigh-in I clocked in at 181.5 pounds. That was a 7 1/2 pound weight gain from just 8 hours before. I was shocked and very proud of my accomplishment. Probably even more so than I'll be after losing 20.





So now the challenge actually begins.  Now I have to lose all this damn weight. I know the 7 pounds today was all food and water weight, and will be gone mostly in the morning, but I've still got a long way to go...we'll see what happens in 12 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment