Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Don't Mourn The Morning: 4 Reasons To Workout After You Wake Up



Waking up at 5:45 in the morning every day can be quite awful. If you want enough sleep (and I do) you often have to skip out on some fun weeknight activities, a ballgame or your favorite TV show. However I find this is the best time to get a consistent workout in before a busy day takes over your life.

A few pre bedtime and wake up routines help a lot (I'll talk about those later) and after a few days you'll start to get used to your new schedule, digging DEEP. Here are 4 other reasons why working out in the morning is the way to go.



There is no reason to rush through or skip exercises:

One of the things I've found when I work out in the evening is no matter how dedicated I am to getting my workout, something interesting or fun always comes up. Everyone is out of work, happy hours are taking place, ballgames are on TV, parties are getting started. This causes me to skip things, rush through my routine or to miss out on some epic party.

When you workout in the morning, there is absolutely nothing going on after except for work, which in most cases is more horrible than an hour in the gym.


The machines are empty:

When you get to the gym before everyone else, it means you have the whole gym to yourself. There may be some other go getters but you rarely have to wait for machines, my least favorite part about working out. Being there with less people also means you feel less conscious about lifting the pink weights or benching the bar. You can do what you want to do without a crowd watching.


Your head is calm and clear:

I don't know about you, but the first hour after I'm awake I pretty much have the mind of a zombie. For me, this is the perfect time to do something that I don't want to think about, working out. Since there is nothing following the workout but a day at the office, my head is typically empty. My workouts become a combination of exercise and meditation (If that is what thinking about nothing is).


Nothing comes up:

When you workout at night there are 100 reasons to rush through a workout, skip exercises, slack off, leave early or skip a workout entirely. There is a great Wiz Happy Hour you don't wan't to miss. Your friend just invited you to a last minute concert. The boss is making you stay late at work. That girl you like got out of something and wants to hang out.

In the morning there is typically only one reason to speed through a workout (If you didn't skip the gym all together). You are late for work. That's it, that's the list. You won't be invited to any parties at 6am, I assure you. Just make sure you don't check your email before a workout and you won't ever have any reason to cheat yourself. Get there on time and give yourself some extra time to run slow/late and you'll be a professional bodybuilder in no time.

Some of the downsides include not getting enough sleep, sleeping in and skipping workouts, and missing fun prior night activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment